What is AngularJS?
The AngularJS framework is majorly divided into three parts:
ng-app : This directive links AngularJS application to HTML.
ng-model : The ng-model binds the values of AngularJS application to the input controls of HTML.
ng-bind : This directive binds the AngularJS application data to HTML tags.
What is it used for?
AngularJS is used to create dynamic single page applications. Using AngularJS you can use HTML as your template language for expressing application components clearly.
It has features like data binding, scope management, dependency injection and many more which makes the web application more proper.
Its feature of data binding and dependency injection eliminates your work for writing the code again. It can be used for the development of front-end for large enterprise scale applications.
It allows developers to create multiple modules, all these dependent modules can be combined easily to create single page application.
Using angularjs you can build websites that has a high performance and easy to maintain web applications.
Before seeing the difference between the two lets see the survey results of StackOverflow which was held recently in 2020, that what most of the developers prefer React or AngularJS ?
|Image Courtesy: StackOverFlow|
The survey clearly shows that most of the Professional developers prefer ReactJS over AngularJS. React is most preferable because it is easy to understand and is faster.
Difference between AngularJS and ReactJS
- AngularJS is a framework for developing dynamic web pages, while ReactJS allows you to build interactive UIs.
- Angular is based on Model View View Model (MVVM) while React is based on Virtual DOM.
- It has a larger community support when compared to React.
- React uses the one-way data binding while Angular uses the two-way data binding, which ensures that if any changes are made the model state automatically changes.
- Angular provides testing and debugging using a single tool while React requires set of tools.
- React offers better rendering performance than Angular, as it uses Virtual DOM.
Disadvantages of AngularJS :
- There is no authentication and server authorization in Angular.
- AngularJS is very vast and complex.
Which one to choose, AngularJS or React ?
- React is usually easy to learn as compared to AngularJS, and React’s main concern is development of UI Component.
- AngularJS is more complex and with a lot of unnecessary syntax.
- Both Angular and React can be used to develop single page and multi-page applications.
- React is used by major companies including Facebook, Twitter, Netflix and many big companies.
- While AngularJS is used by companies such as Netflix, Upwork, Freelancer as well.
So your choice of the framework will depend on your project requirements and the one you are comfortable with. If you are a beginner you should no doubt choose ReactJS because it is relatively simpler from AngularJS and if you have a experience in the field and want a large scale project, you can surely go for AngularJS.
Is Angular used for backend?
So as mentioned earlier AngularJS is an front end framework. It has no features or capabilities for backend language.